Interruption in access to appointment booking service 13 December 06:00-08:00 More information
Technical problem with Kela’s remote customer service More information
Interruption in online customer service 15 December 06:00-19:00 More information
If you become unemployed or if your studies have ended but you don't have a job, you should immediately register as an unemployed jobseeker in accordance with the instructions of the TE Services.See the quick guide
- Unemployment benefit from Kela?
- Kela provides basic benefits for the unemployed by paying basic unemployment allowance and labour market subsidy.
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services
- Unemployment benefits can only be paid if you are registered as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services.
- Right to unemployment benefits
- The entitlement criteria for unemployment benefits are laid down by law.
- What is the work requirement?
- If you have worked long enough before becoming unemployed, you may meet the work requirement. If you meet the requirement applicable to employees or self-employed persons, you are entitled to basic unemployment allowance. If you are not entitled to basic unemployment allowance, you may be entitled to labour market subsidy.
- What is the qualifying period?
- If you have no completed vocational training, you must complete a 21-week qualifying period to be eligible for an unemployment benefit.
- Amount of the unemployment benefit
- The amount of the unemployment benefit is affected by, for instance, your other benefits and income as well as your family circumstances.
- Special criteria for persons under 25 years of age
- Persons aged 17–24 years are primarily directed towards education or training or measures for improving employability.
- FAQ: Activation model
- If you meet the criteria for activity, you can receive unemployment benefit at the full amount.
- Report days of unemployment
- Kela pays unemployment benefits on the basis of the unemployment status report.
- Report changes
- Changes in your incomes or family circumstances may affect the amount of the unemployment benefit. Report changes so that the benefit can be paid to you to the correct amount.
- When you are ageing
- Ageing unemployed persons may be entitled to, for instance, additional days of unemployment allowance.
- Benefits for unemployed immigrants
- If you are an unemployed immigrant, you should as soon as possible register as an unemployed jobseeker according to the instructions of the TE Services.
- If you are incapable of work
- If you fall ill while unemployed, you can take sick leave. If you are incapable of work, you can also receive other benefits.
- Part-time self-employment
- Unemployment benefits can be adjusted to income from part-time employment.