Interruption in access to appointment booking service 13 December 06:00-08:00 More information
Technical problem with Kela’s remote customer service More information
Interruption in online customer service 15 December 06:00-19:00 More information
Basic Income Experiment will end on 31 December 2018
If you have been paid a basic income and have not applied for other benefits to which you are entitled during the experiment, you must now apply for them.Read more
Basic income is not available by application
- Who can get a basic income?
- A group of 2,000 persons selected at random will be paid a basic income in Finland. It is not available to anyone else by application or otherwise.
- Amount of the basic income
- The amount of the basic income is fixed at €560 per month.
- The basic income is not subject to tax.
- How basic income affect the other social security benefits
- The experiment is designed in a way that ensures that no participant will suffer negative financial consequences.
Kela at your service
- Frequently asked questions
- Can you decline if you don't want to participate in the experiment? Why not? Please see Frequently asked questions.
- Report changes
- If you receive a basic income from Kela and wish to declare changes in your circumstances that are relevant to the basic income, please do so by phone if at all possible.
- Any questions?
- Feel free to contact us If you have questions about the basic income experiment.
Rationale of the basic income trialFinland will conduct an experiment testing a basic income in 2017-2018. What is it all about? Watch the video!
The basic income experiment will end – participants must remember to apply for unemployment benefits
With the basic income experiment set to finish at year’s end, some details on how the ongoing evaluation study will proceed
Contrary to reports, the Basic Income Experiment in Finland will continue until the end of 2018
The Basic Income Experiment will continue for another year – Analysis of the effects will begin in 2019